HELP CAMEROON KIDS — WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR CHAIR!
Many of CAMAAY’s day-to-day activities are done online, by virtual volunteers around the world. If you have wifi access and can give us anything from an hour a week to a couple hours a day, you can have a major impact on our work. Currently, we need help with the following:
- Duties: Responsible for reviewing the latest innovations and information in a project field, and designing and
implementing project elements that incorporate them. Coordinate by email with project participants on site and with other virtual volunteers. Explore grant opportunities and partnership connections with other organizations involved in similar projects.
- Qualifications: Comfortable with computers and with regular access to wifi. Current projects involve sustainable agriculture and water purification systems and some experience or expertise in one of these areas is desirable but not required.
- Duties: Responsible for preparing detailed work outlines and budgets for all projects, using the Commonwealth Foundation’s results chain and logic model. Coordinate by email with program administrator, financial adviser, and virtual volunteers as needed. Write project summaries and monthly reports based on information received from the field. Design data collection tools for ongoing and final project evaluation, and offer feedback as needed. Participate in online workshops or courses as appropriate.
- Qualifications: Some experience with at least one of the following: project design, budget development, date collection, survey design, or systems evaluation.
- Duties: Pursue grant opportunities identified by virtual volunteers. Participate in online workshops or courses as appropriate.
- Qualifications: Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts. Capable of writing clear, expressive English.
Community Outreach Volunteers
- Duties: work with high school and college groups, fraternal and sororal organizations, churches, or other charitable organizations to explore ways to provide assistance to ongoing projects in Cameroon. Work might include organizing fundraisers such as book or bake sales, establishing pen pal or sister city connections, or organizing drives to collect and send needed goods like used computers or unlocked cell phones. [You’ll need to get out of your chair sometimes for this one!]
- Qualifications: Outgoing and comfortable working with people in person, by phone, and by email. Current involvement with local community organizations desired by not required.
If you would like to try your hand at one of these, or suggest another way you might be able to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEERING ON SITE
CAMAAY offers exciting opportunities to explore the beauty of Cameroon, experience village life, and interact with its people, all while having an immediate and lasting effect on their quality of life and environment.
We have an ongoing need for volunteers to supervise our school gardens, work with women’s self-help groups in Oku to establish permaculture food forests, and to assist the villagers of Batibo in protecting their existing water supply and funding its rehabilitation and extension.
INTERNSHIPS/ WORK EXPERIENCE
If you are pursuing a degree or career in engineering, environmental ecology, agriculture, or education, we will work with your college or professional association to set up an internship that offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to transform lives (including your own!)
Contact us to learn more!